Where To Find Free Ukulele Music On the Internet

I'm a sheet music whore. Yep, I said it. I looooove to buy sheet music. I love to print it out, put it in plastic sheet protectors, and store it in binders. That said, sometimes my bank account can't handle big orders of ukulele sheet music, and I think I've bought and downloaded just about every ukulele book that I'm interested in from the Mel Bay website. (For now.) 

So what's a musician to do when she wants some new sheet music for the ukulele? 



Thankfully, the internet is full of great places to download sheet music that's 100% free and made available by generous and talented souls who patiently make ukulele tabs for hundreds of songs every year. Here are a few of my favorites:

UkeEducation.org: This has a ton of great tablature for ukuleles of all kinds! There are also resources for chords, scales, music theory, workshops, technical exercises, and more - and it's all free to download.

If you're just looking for lyrics to your favorite songs along with the chords, check out Ukutabs.com and Ukulele-tabs.com. There literally thousands of songs here, all free to download. These sites don't offer the detailed tablature that some of the other sites do, but if all you're looking for are the chords of your favorite songs so you can sing along, you'll find a wealth of material here.

Since I started playing baritone ukulele last summer, I discovered that there are some gorgeous arrangements on the PDF Minstrel website for baritone uke! I filled up an entire notebook with songs I downloaded from this site, and they're all free. Lots of great classical and traditional tunes here, and they sound great with the lower notes on the baritone uke.

More great music can be downloaded for free on the Live Ukulele website. However: this one I found a little trickier to navigate. That said, it's worth your time to dig through and find some of the great uke arrangements here. 

Fingerstyle ukulele has become one of my favorite resources for awesome fingerstyle tablature. If you're not familiar with fingerstyle, it's a form of chord melody where you just pick out the individual notes for a song along with chords in strategic positions for a richer sound. You will find over a hundred free fingerstyle tablature songs on Fingerstyle Rules for free! This one also has a lot of tunes for low G tuning. 

As always, I like to offer a little gratitude to the amazing musicians who take the time to notate this music for all of us and then put it out there for free. Make sure you tip a little when you can in the form of a donation to their websites to keep the music playing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ukulele Major Scale Patterns

Monday Musings for October 2, 2023

Monday Musings on Tuesday, December 12, 2023