5 In 5 Songwriting Challenge: Day 1

 Soooooooooooo it didn't quite go the way I had planned. I had a bit of a tension headache that just made me dizzy and left me feeling kinda fuzzy in the brain, and it didn't clear out until late afternoon, so that didn't leave a heck of a lot of time for songwriting.

BUT I got a solid chord progression written down and worked out, and something of a melody, and I got the bare bones of some lyrics worked out. I can always go back to those later, so I'm counting that as a win. 

My idea for the day 1 prompts was a song about a vampire luring someone out and biting them. Kinda dark? Maybe. But after all, it's Halloween Eve for the entire month of September, so I feel justified. 

The prompt for Day 2 is up in the group, and I had a brief look at it this morning when I finally woke up (after 2 hours of insomnia in the middle of the night, yuck), and now that I've procrastinated by chucking a loaf of chocolate chip banana bread in the oven, I'm off to do some brainstorming and find a chord progression and some lyrics that I like in this brain of mine. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ukulele Major Scale Patterns

Monday Musings for October 2, 2023

Monday Musings on Tuesday, December 12, 2023