Monday Musings for October 30, 2023

 Welp, I was right on. The world feels heavy right now. Two of my shamanic teachers have noted over the weekend that between Samhain coming up and this most recent full moon eclipse in Scorpio/Taurus, there is some major shit going on in the spirit world. So much death over the last three years and now the mass deaths in Gaza and Palestine has created a spirit world fraught with souls that have not yet crossed over. I postponed a soul recovery I had planned to do with someone because ain't no way I'm gonna go mucking around in the middle world looking for soul parts right now. We'll do that later once things have settled a bit. 

Anyway. This is turning out to be another one of those Mondayish Mondays. I was expecting a very important package from the herbalist I consulted with in Ontario back in September, but when I checked the USPS tracking number this morning, it appears that someone made a mistake - my zip code was off by one digit. One damn digit, and not even a digit that is close to here. So right now my package is about 90 minutes away in Lake George and I really hope that they don't throw it away or send it back to Canada because that means another 3-week wait for me to get it, and I really need the medicine in that package. I 

If you've never had to sit on hold with the USPS, you're lucky. They offer you a choice of music while you're holding, but just to get to that menu where you can actually speak to a person is the most blood-pressure-raising frustrating experience. Trying to get them to recognize my tracking number was impossible. So now I'm listening to some shitty kind of instrumental electronic pop music while I wait for them to pick up and see if they can re-direct my package before it gets sent back to Canada. 

USPS, you should probably try improving your automated phone menus instead of spending money on shitty music for people on hold. 

Anyway...

Tomorrow is Samhain, and I am feeling that shit in my bones. Tonight, we're going to carve pumpkins and eat apple crisp (once I get off my ass and make it), and I'm hoping that I can get a couple of special videos recorded today for some mindful music meditations. I also need to start looking at some Christmas music for this year. I want to do another 12 Days of Christmas series like I did last year, but I want to kind of change it up a bit. So that means I have to get started on stuff I should have started back in August. (Ha!)

So if you're reading this, please send some good package recovery juju my way, and I'll see ya tomorrow with some more fun ukulele stuff. Promise! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ukulele Major Scale Patterns

Monday Musings for October 2, 2023

Monday Musings on Tuesday, December 12, 2023