Monday Musings for November 13, 2023

 Well, it's not quite noon, and this Monday can already fuck all the way off. My kid was up coughing until 3 a.m. (And I know because I was awake, too.) Then I went to set up an online store to see if I can sell the jewelry I have sitting around here not going anywhere and come to find out that my checking account has been automatically closed due to lack of activity. (Haven't had a deposit since June. Oops.) And I spent the weekend dealing with the weirdest fucking hot flashes where each one starts out with an incredibly painful headache all across the back of my head, then it turns into a hot flash and the pain eases up a bit, and then once the hot flash is gone, the pain come back for a little while. 

But on the plus side, my kid's second Covid test was negative (thank goodness) and I have a frozen Indian meal warming up in the oven for myself, along with some naan bread and ginger tea, and there's a simmer pot on the wood stove that is infusing the air in my house with ginger, cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, and orange, and my husband is on his way home with some comfort food and sundries from the pharmacy. And it may snow again this afternoon/evening, so that should be nice. 

I have a ton of stuff I want to do and work on, but none of it is going to get done until these hot flashes ease up and my head starts feeling clearer. I have ideas to create a mindful ukulele practice journal/planner for 2024, and a 2024 Tarot workbook/planner, and a Tarot journal for 2024, and a couple of songs that have been writing themselves in my head between hot flashes, but damn, this pain is not conducive to much of anything, and painkillers don't touch it. 

There's also a little dog snuggled up on the couch, curled around a blanket and a pillow, and we have a doctor's appointment for my kid this afternoon. 

With the overcast skies and the chill setting in and everything else going on, it feels like today would be a good day to just sit in front of the wood stove and do my technical exercises for a while. 

Hope your Monday is less Mondayish than mine!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ukulele Major Scale Patterns

Monday Musings for October 2, 2023

Monday Musings on Tuesday, December 12, 2023