Monday Musings for November 6, 2023

 Oh my, it's Monday again, and at least if I can't post every single day like I want to, at least I've been fairly consistent in posting on Mondays, right? So yay? That's something. 

Honestly, some days, the brain fog is so bad that it feels like I'm pulling words one at a time out of a giant vat of extra thick molasses. Or chipping them like delicate gems out of a giant wall of granite. Some days, they just won't come at all, and all I can do is just try and survive from one moment to the next. 

Anyway. 

We're all still sort of drunk on daylight savings time right now, so this morning was sort of a rough re-entry into work and school for everyone. I might bake some brownies this afternoon for my kid, and then figure out some kind of homey warm sweet potato and black bean dish for dinner. 

I just can't stand the time changes that we do in this country every year. It's ridiculous. Insanity. And it's not good for our health. (There have been actual medical studied that prove the time changes are bad for our health, but we keep doing it anyway, just like we keep perpetuating capitalism even though we know it's literally burning down the planet.)

Anyway. 

Speaking of health. I'm starting some new plant medicines from an herbalist I had a consult with who lives up in Ontario. Getting the package was quite the thing. First, there was a delay in one of the medicines coming in from overseas. So that took forever. Then once the package was actually mailed, someone made an error and messed up the zip code by one digit. So the package spent nearly a week bouncing back and forth between here and Lake George. That was fun. BUT it finally arrived on Friday and I've started taking all these things, and I'm crossing my fingers and toes that it gives me some relief. I will say that last night, after 2+ days of these new medicines, I noticed that my mouth wasn't so dry that it felt like I had sandpaper in my mouth. That's something that's been bothering me for over a year, but the doctors are all like HEY ALL YOUR TESTS ARE NORMAL JUST SUCK ON SOME CANDY. 

Anyway. 

I started a new songwriting course last week, so that's something fun to look forward to, and I have some things I want to write while I still have my wits about me, and I have to keep working on learning Tokada for my lessons these next few months... Also working on some new Christmas songs and writing a couple of Christmas tunes of my own. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ukulele Major Scale Patterns

Monday Musings for October 2, 2023

Monday Musings on Tuesday, December 12, 2023