Monday Musings for December 18, 2023

 Holy shit, Christmas is one week from today. We've got the tree up, I've got all my ingredients for baking ready to go in the kitchen, got some giant containers for storing all the cookies and stuff I'm gonna bake... But I haven't really been playing many Christmas tunes this year and I haven't wrapped a single present yet. Maybe it's because Mercury is in retrograde this year, but I'm having some trouble finding that Christmas spirit that Buddy the Elf talks about. Maybe I need to get out my Christmas tunes today and do a little bit of that. 

Meanwhile, I have a lot of stuff to do this week. Cleaning up the dining room and getting rid of things that have been cluttering up my house and my life for the last 8 years is a good start. I also want to bake this week, all of the good things that I usually bake for Christmas and a few new things. 


***************************************************************

Mercury retrograde is retrograding HARD around here since it started last week. It kicked off with a 7-hour power outage on Wednesday, me having an argument with my primary care doctor on Thursday, and a couple of other weird things. 

Then this morning, we woke up to torrential rain. Not surprising, given the forecast, but then my husband called to tell me that there were actual LOGS floating in the street on the way to school because the river was so high. Then about ten minutes after school started, we got the email/text combo from my son's school to say that the busses were leaving at 9 a.m. and everything was canceled for today because the river is expected to reach 2-3 feet above flood stage by late afternoon. 

So... Fa la la la la?


***************************************************************

Soooooo I promise, I will have some actual ukulele content up this week and next. I've been working hard on a series of fun graphics and posts about playing up the neck of the ukulele - I think I've mentioned that three or four times - and I just need to find the motivation to publish them all. I'd also like to set some musical goals for 2024, but not just yet. Maybe in a couple of weeks, or maybe during that weird week between Christmas and New Year's when it seems we're all in some kind of existential fog. 

Anyway. Now on to doing some kitchen witch stuff and trying to convince my dog to pee outside in this storm. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ukulele Major Scale Patterns

Monday Musings for October 2, 2023

Monday Musings on Tuesday, December 12, 2023