Monday Musings for Monday, December 25, 2023

 So this is Christmas... And it was pretty good, I have to say. Despite the "weird" heavy energy that a lot of us are feeling (even my kid and his cousins noticed it), we had a lovely, laid-back day with lots of food and Christmas movies. 


My son was up until almost 2 a.m., and I figured he'd be sleeping in, but he was awake by 8:30 and we had potato chip omelettes (they didn't come out quite as good as the video), and then we opened presents. 

I put out a bunch of the cookies and baked goods me and my husband made (it's amazing what you can do when you're unemployed and living in Greeland) and then we had my father in law over for a meal of turkey and stuffing and homemade cranberry sauce and all the fixings. 


Tucker tried to convince us all that he was having a blue Christmas and needed another peanut butter dog treat. (It worked.)

After dinner, we played around with the space scene projecter my son got for Christmas, and it was spectacular. 


There are still many things that are weighing heavy on my heart and mind today, though. We have had one of the warmest Decembers on record so far - we had massive flooding just over a week ago, which is unheard of in the Adirondacks at this time of year. There's no snow on the ground here due to massive shifts in the climate. What's happening to the Palestinian people feels as if it's too horrific for my brain to comprehend. Here in the U.S., we're experiencing record numbers of children living in poverty and homeless, despite what the talking heads say on the news and on the internet and in their press releases. 

It's a lot to process some days, and even though I felt like I could take a break from the news cycle today to spend time with my son and my husband and my father in law, there are millions and millions of people who don't get that luxury. 

But. I did my best to help make this a lovely, sweet day for my family, and tonight when I meditate before bed I'll be praying for peace and an end to the violence that humans perpetuate against other humans. 

The rest of this week, I'll be filming a few ukulele videos and planning out some content for the next month, and getting ready to launch a couple of new Tarot courses after the new year. I'm just going to let myself float around in that liminal space between Christmas and New Year's and see what happens. 

So if you're reading this and you got this far, I hope that you have had a very happy winter holiday, whatever you're celebrating, and that you find some comfort, peace, and joy in the coming year. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ukulele Major Scale Patterns

Monday Musings for October 2, 2023

Monday Musings on Tuesday, December 12, 2023