Monday Musings on Tuesday, December 12, 2023

 Well, shit. Another week goes by, and I only wrote one blog last week. C'est la vie. To be fair, I was busy doing stuff. And we had a great weekend: we took my father in law to get a Christmas tree, and then we decorated the tree and had yummy comfort food for dinner, so it was a nice time. 

Yesterday was a bit of a shitshow, with a bad winter storm that didn't hit us as hard as it hit points west and north, but still enough to fuck up the roads in the early morning. And due to general transportation fuckups (thank you, shadow of Mercury Rx), it turned into a mental health stay-home day for my son. So we made the best of things and took care of our chickens and had truffle mac and cheese for lunch and baked 5 dozen mocha Russian tea cakes for his school fund raiser next week. 

BUT one of the best things that happened was my giveaway prize arrived from Sheri Kurdakul, aka The Glitter Witch, arrived in the mail! 


I signed up for her email newsletter and won this fabulous copy of The Illustrated Herbiary by Maia Toll. 


It's a hardcover book with information about and rituals for connecting with 36 different medicinal plants, most of which are commonly found growing wild. It also includes a deck of oracle-type cards, one for each plant, that you can use for intuitive guidance and wisdom. All wrapped up in a silk pouch for the cards and a lovely decorative storage box! It came at the perfect time as I'm turning to plant medicine to heal. 

Make sure you check our Sheri on social media, particularly her Glitter Witch Gardens Facebook group where she goes live every day with messages from spirit. (As of this writing, she also has another great giveaway posted, so check it out!)

*******************************************************
In other news... I've been making steady progress working on some ukulele and music theory things. My daily practice has been...uninspiring, so to speak, but I'm just using it to meet myself where I am and practicing some fun Christmas tunes. 

I'm working on making up some pretty graphics and printables for moveable chord shapes up the neck ot the ukulele, and I'll post those here as I finish them. It's really something that I've been obsessed with since I started playing ukulele four years ago, but only just now have I really started to understand how it works. Now I just need to start putting them into practice - easier said than done. 

******************************************************

Another thing I put on my ever-growing to-do list is something that I sort of set on the back burner a while ago: a rewrite/revamp of my online Tarot course. But now instead of calling it The Art Of Intuitive Tarot, it's going to be The Heart of Intuitive Tarot. Because after all, intuition is really a heart-centered practice. So with that in mind, I'm totally re-writing the course and the accompanying workbook, and it will launch in January of 2024. So if ya know anyone who wants to learn how to read Tarot without the little white book, this is the course for them. (Maybe it's you!)



Last but not least, I'm still searching for some kind of steady, regular employment with no luck so far. On my to-do list for this afternoon is to write up a cover letter for a position that's open with the company I worked for back in 2011, so if you have any good luck vibes or happy job hunting vibes, send 'em my way!

Until next week, I hope everyone is having a good December as we close out the end of 2023. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ukulele Major Scale Patterns

Monday Musings for October 2, 2023